Hello World...

Is anyone listening?

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Mountains, motor homes and Montana's.



I sure do love clever titles. They just might be my favorite thing about this silly blog.

So, the last time I updated we had gone to Ben and Jerry's, Cabot Creamery and Dartmouth. Well, since then we have been all over the damn place! On Tuesday we went down to Quechee Gorge, which is pretty awesome. Sara of course was scared and walked very slow while on the bridge that runs over the gorge. They have a visitors trail that you can walk down to actually get to the bottom of the gorge, which is a pretty steep .4 miles long. So, Sara and I went on another "hiking" adventure, down the Quechee Gorge. It was so beautiful at the bottom. Rocks with flowing water, where we took pictures, of course.

We climbed back up and we headed to Woodstock, Vermont. This is a quaint, tourist town that we drove through to get to our destination and decided we MUST go back. Little shops, restaurants and art galleries lined the streets along with old houses and buildings dated from the 1800's. And a covered bridge, which was very rustic and beautiful.

Wednesday, we traveled our little hiney's to Boston, Massachusetts with Sue. First stop was actually in Cambridge, where Harvard is :). We had the hardest time actually finding Harvard because it is literally hidden behind it's own buildings. My GPS said, you have arrived and I had no idea what it was talking about. Once you walk in between some buildings, you realize you are in Harvard Yard, where most of the academic buildings are. While at Harvard, we ate at Bartley's Burgers and visited the Coop, which is Harvard's store of signature Harvard apparel. Then, we went to the North End of Boston, which is *hush hush* Little Italy. Everything was Italian, except the 1-800-Flowers we parked next to. We went to Mike's Pastry, which is a North End staple and had the best Canoli's ever! We got some souvenirs in some gift shops, walked around and absolutely loved the Italian and Boston accents. Such a weird experience!

We left Vermont on Thursday. :( Packed up our stuff and got back on the road. We made it to Batavia, New York to stop for the night. We shopped at a Walmart where I found a ton of TV seasons for only 15$. Needless to say I spent a little too much, but got a great deal.

On Friday, we arrived in Niagara Falls, NY! We bought tickets for the day for the trolley, Cave of the Winds, Maid of the Mist (YAY) and the aquarium. I absolutely LOVED Maid of the Mist. Although there were at least a hundred other people on board with us, I felt like I was on a private tour of the falls and that I was special. (Hah). I loved the water on my face and on my sunglasses! After that we walked around for a while, seeing and observing the falls from all different angles. It was just TOO gorgeous. Then we visited the aquarium, which was small but had lot's of fishies! We walked back over to the main area and took the trolley over to the other side of the falls where the Cave of the Winds was. We got to go practically into the falls bu walking up steps. We lived through the Hurricane Deck, where I got soaked! Good thing I had a poncho. However, my pants got incredibly wet! All in all, Niagara was definitely worth it! I don't know if I have ever seen anything more beautiful.

Then we made our way through Canada a little ways, while I got sick and threw up a couple times. Once in the motorhome while driving - that was fun! - and once was at a Montana's restaurant, hence the part of the title. Thankfully, I made it outside the restaurant. After that, I felt much better, to say the least.

Once we made it back into the U.S. on Saturday I was full of joy. Not being able to use my phone or the internet drives me nuts. And knowing we would get back to Hastings that day was also a nice feeling :) I hadn't showered since Thursday morning. Ugh. So we're back in Michigan and going to be heading back to Mount Pleasant today. Feels like forever since I have been there, and I cannot WAIT to do my laundry. It's gonna feel so good! Of course, we're gonna make a pit stop in Grand Rapids for a little bit. Mama bought us a new microwave and I want to see them! But for now, our trip is over and it was a darn good one, too! Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment